CADRE activities emphasize and encourage the timely and appropriate use of dispute resolution options, since collaborative problem-solving and early resolution practices result in a reduction of the financial, relational and emotional costs associated with more adversarial processes.
Partnering with Families
Families of students are critical partners to schools. Partnering with families promotes student growth and achievement of CCRS, as schools and families work together to meet the needs of each child. The resources below provide resources on how to develop effective partnerships with parents and families.
The US Department of Education’s Family and Community Engagement website includes a framework for building greater support and capacity in schools, homes and communities, so ALL students have the chance to succeed. Get ideas for how to bring your passion, talents, and energy to help students and to make your neighborhood schools stronger.
The link between families and positive behavioral interventions and supports is an important one. The PBIS Center offers information to help families become more meaningfully involved in in their child's education and social development.
National Center on Accessible Educational Materials for Learning provides a host of resources for families and educators to promote knowledge development to ensure equitable opportunities for children with disabilities to:
- participate in high-quality early learning programs,
- be involved in and progress in the general education curriculum,
- prepare to meet college and career-ready standards,
- participate in assessments, and
- transition to postsecondary education and the workforce.
IRIS Center offers a wide variety of free, online resources about evidence-based instructional and intervention practices, including modules, case studies and research summaries developed in collaboration with nationally-recognized researchers and education experts, to support the education of all children, particularly those with disabilities.
- Collaborating with Families - Designed to help teachers build positive relationships with families, this Module highlights the diversity of families and addresses the factors that school personnel should understand about working with the families of children with disabilities.