The Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports (PBIS) Center provides resources to educators to help build a supportive climate for their students.
A safe and positive school climate is vital in supporting students’ success and achievement of CCRS. Proactive and preventative approaches to promoting a positive learning environment can reduce discipline issues, including suspensions and expulsions, which create barriers to students’ success.
Explore the resources below for evidence-based strategies to promoting a positive school climate.
SWIFT is a national K-8 center that provides academic and behavioral support to promote the learning and academic achievement of all students, including students with disabilities and those with the most extensive needs by providing intensive technical assistance to schools, districts, and states.
National Center on Accessible Educational Materials for Learning provides resources to promote equitable opportunities for children with disabilities to:
- participate in high-quality early learning programs,
- be involved in and progress in the general education curriculum,
- prepare to meet college and career-ready standards,
- participate in assessments, and
- transition to postsecondary education and the workforce.